Inscripta is developing the world’s first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, Onyx, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, will offer a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s goal is to empower scientists whose gene editing research is stifled by current technical and licensing limitations. By providing this unique platform and engaging in collaborative business practices, such as making its MAD7 CRISPR nuclease free for research purposes, the company enables scientists to realize a new era of biological discovery. Due to rapid growth Inscripta has an opening for a Bioinformatics Scientist located in either Boulder, CO or Pleasanton, CA.
We are looking for a Bioinformatics Scientist to join our Content and Curation team. This team is responsible for working with genomic resources to construct software packages, tools, and databases that interact with the Inscripta Onyx? software suite to help customers design genome engineering experiments. This includes performing genome assembly and annotation, working with external sources of annotation data to import them into our system, building software tools to enable users to evaluate their genomes and genome annotations, and track genomic engineering over multiple rounds. The Content and Curation team is also responsible for developing the industry-leading Biosecurity software processes at Inscripta.
The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of genomics and genome sequence analysis in addition to experience building robust Python libraries. Experience with comparative genomics, genome assembly, genome annotation, gene ontology and annotation database curation are a plus.
- Work on a cross functional software development team to build and maintain production quality Python packages
- Develop and maintain databases and data models that accelerate the ease of using the Onyx platform
- Identify, import and curate coding and non-coding genome annotation databases
- Perform genome assembly and annotation and import these results into the databases
- Analyze mixed types of genomic data to gain useful insights about assemblies and annotation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Extensive experience with genomic sequence analysis
- Experience developing robust Python libraries/pipelines/tools
- Experience with database curation, data organization and structuring complex data types
- Experience with AWS/cloud computing infrastructure a plus
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package and stock options to all team members. Join us and work with a great team of people developing the world’s first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. At Inscripta we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our innovation, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace because the more inclusive we are as a company, the better our work will be. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This role can work out of either location of Pleasanton, CA or Boulder, CO.