Conagen Inc. is a leader in cutting-edge bio-manufacturing. We engineer organisms to produce high-value molecules that are essential to our well-being. Our focus is on food, nutrition, pharmaceuticals, and renewable materials. We employ the latest synthetic biology tools to design metabolic pathways and produce safe and high-quality products. Science and innovation are the driving forces of our mission. We believe in a green future.
Location: Bedford, MA
Job Type: Full-time
Compensation: Commensurate with skills and experience
Job Description Overview:
We are looking for experienced engineers who are excited about our mission and the idea of developing automated solutions for genetic engineering of industrial microbes. The candidate must have bench biology experience and prior experience with automated lab equipment or high-throughput screening. Experience with programming or scripting lab robots is highly desirable. Fluency in Python or equivalent programming languages is a plus. Strong organizational and communication skills are essential.
- Assist with programming workflows and executing experiments on automated lab equipment.
- Perform analysis to support the design, test, build cycle.
- Operate independently, anticipating the needs of collaborators and team members.
- Train other scientists on automated equipment.
- Innovate and improve processes, validate and maintain quality of protocols.
- Track progress and present results to manager and collaborators.
- Assist with occasional weekend tasks when required.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD in biology, biotechnology or related fields.
- Several years of experience in industrial setting preferred.
- Proficiency in bench biology and experience using lab automation.
- Robust understanding of experimental methodology and workflows.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status.
How to apply:
Commensurate with experience.
This position is not eligible for any type of visa sponsorship.
Cover letters and resumes will be accepted ONLY via email (email@example.com) or via Indeed.com.
Please do not contact the Company by phone until notified.