Conagen Inc. is a leader in cutting-edge bio-manufacturing. We engineer organisms to produce high-value molecules that are essential to our well-being. Our focus is on food, nutrition, pharmaceuticals, and renewable materials. We employ the latest synthetic biology tools to design metabolic pathways and produce safe and high-quality products. Science and innovation are the driving forces of our mission. We believe in a green future.
Location: Bedford, MA
Job Type: Full-time
Compensation: Commensurate with skills and experience
Job Description Overview:
We are looking for budding bioengineers excited about our mission and the idea of developing automated solutions for genetic engineering of industrial microbes. You will bring your bench biology chops and an eagerness to learn and apply lab automation to organism engineering challenges. From the start you will be applying robotics to enhance our workflows, with the goal of learning and becoming independent operators and programmers of this equipment. The candidate must have bench biology experience. Prior experience with automated lab equipment or high-throughput screening is highly desirable. Strong organizational and communication skills are essential.
- Assist with executing experiments on automated lab equipment.
- Operate independently, anticipating the needs of collaborators and team members.
- Maintain quality of protocols and applications.
- Track progress and present results to manager and collaborators.
- Assist with occasional weekend tasks when required.
- Bachelors or Masters in biology, biotechnology or related fields OR experience in industrial setting.
- Proficiency in bench biology (cloning, culturing, molecular- and microbiology principles).
- Robust understanding of experimental methodology and workflows.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status.
How to apply:
Commensurate with experience.
This position is not eligible for any type of visa sponsorship.
Cover letters and resumes will be accepted ONLY via email (email@example.com) or via Indeed.com.
Please do not contact the Company by phone until notified.