This position is critical to both day-to-day and longer-term strategic success of Codexis’ Alliance and Program Management functions. The Performance Enzymes business unit encompass small molecule pharmaceuticals, food and nutrition, personal care, life sciences and industrial enzyme applications. The role will be accountable for the development of Codexis’ self-funded and partnered project portfolio within this business unit and will own the upgrading and management of the project execution process from inception to delivery.
Working very closely with business leaders, technical project teams, and the operational functions, the role will be involved in much of the technical and operational management of project development and execution within the Performance Enzyme business unit, in accordance with contractual agreements with the customer. The candidate is the key individual that is accountable in building and strengthening alliances between the internal Codexis teams and the customers.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a biotechnical background, preferably in enzyme engineering, enzyme production and technical program management. The ideal candidate will thrive in a dynamic and diverse environment and will be adaptable, highly accountable, detail focused, results oriented and strong in analytical and critical thinking. Most importantly, the candidate will be able to prioritize effectively across multiple objectives and has the ability to interact with and influence a wide range of stakeholders across functions and across multiple levels.
- Maintain and lead existing alliances through (1) overall management of project activities towards timely delivery of research objectives, (2) actively track progress on multiple projects across multiple alliances, (3) pro-actively manage the reporting of developments to partners, (4) interpret and trouble-shoot partner issues to provide solutions, and (5) interpret contract to understand project and solution scope.
- Report the revenue on partnered projects in Performance Enzyme Business on a timely basis.
- Collaborate with business development and R&D leaders to generate new alliances with presentations of Codexis technology and expertise, representing Codexis at external and partner events, hosting partner events to develop new partner relationships, etc.
- Own the generation and management of the technical development plan (proposal development) for Performance Enzyme Business including outlining of project requirements, deliverables, and timelines, and for strategy development and stakeholder sign-off. Additionally, be responsible for flawless execution of such project plans.
- Collaborate with internal research and development, legal, intellectual property and finance to manage technical deliverables in programs and support contracts compliance. Participate on cross functional teams for continuous improvement of business processes.
- Conduct analysis and communicate summaries of sales and customer-usage trends within the business unit; use the analysis to drive customer follow-up with BD.
- PhD or post-graduate degree in the life sciences or a related discipline required; a business degree or other business qualification, in addition, is desirable. Expertise in enzyme and/or strain engineering and microbiology is highly desirable.
- 8+ years of biotech R&D, product management, business development, or related experience required.
- Demonstrated Project management experience is highly desirable.
- Excellent presentation skills required. Effective communication of complex technical concepts to non-discerning audience is highly desired.
- Experience with product lifecycle management from launch through obsolescence, including strategic market planning, competitive strategy, and management of pricing is desired.
- Experience using CRM software or other tools to communicate, manage and continuously improve business performance is desired; Salesforce experience is a plus.
- Some travel required (< 10%).
The position comes with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including paid company holidays, paid time off, health benefits, 401k match, and much more. For more information about our plans for the future, and to be considered for this career opportunity, please visit www.codexis.com.