Inscripta is a gene editing technology company dedicated to creating the tools needed to revolutionize how we feed, fuel, and heal humanity. This includes developing a family of CRISPR enzymes (called MADzymes), bespoke nucleases for researchers and commercial partners, and a full suite of gene editing tools (software, instruments, and reagents) that will significantly increase the speed and efficiency of precision gene editing. Due to rapid growth Inscripta has an opening for an exception candidate to help develop applications using this platform. The position can be located in Boulder, CO or in Pleasanton, CA.
Genome engineering promises to revolutionize the way we do biology. We are looking for an Applications Scientist who can help with numerous aspects of application development. In particular, we need a candidate who can lead experimental design and data analysis. The ideal candidate has experience analyzing a variety of NGS and single cell genomics/transcriptomics data. The candidate must be comfortable working in a multidisciplinary team to develop applications in a variety of areas.
- Develop novel approaches to analyzing data from large, genome editing screens employing a variety of phenotypes.
- Work with early customers to complete early access and beta programs.
- Work with customers to develop novel applications on the Inscripta platform.
- Design experiments that allow us to rigorously test our product.
- Perform data analysis, interpretation and presentation.
- Attend conferences and present scientific results.
- A PhD in biology, genomics, genetics, immunology or a related field and an additional 2-5 years’ experience required.
- Experience with informatic analysis, particularly single cell transcriptomic and genomic analysis required.
- Experience applying new technology to solve biological questions a plus.
- Molecular biology and NGS experience required.
- Experience with genome editing methods is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills needed.
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package and stock options to all team members. Join us and work with a great team of people working to create the tools needed to revolutionize how we feed, fuel and heal humanity. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This position can be located in our Boulder or Pleasanton location, but if located in Pleasanton, regular travel to Boulder will be required.