Inscripta is developing the world’s first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, will offer a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s goal is to empower scientists whose gene editing research is stifled by current technical and licensing limitations. By providing this unique platform and engaging in collaborative business practices, such as making its MAD7 CRISPR nuclease free for research purposes, the company enables scientists to realize a new era of biological discovery. Due to rapid growth Inscripta has an opening for an Applications Computational Biologist located in either Boulder, CO or Pleasanton, CA.
We are looking for a Computational Biologist to join our Content and Curation team. This team is responsible for working with genomic resources to construct and curate databases that enable scientists to design better experiments. These databases include a wide range of genomic annotations, sequence assemblies, and biosecurity processes. This role involves keeping up with the landscape of genomic resources available, curating databases, and running tools to evaluate sequencing data and generate new annotations and assemblies. The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of genomics and genome sequence analysis. Experience with comparative genomics, genome assembly, genome annotation, gene ontology and annotation database curation are a plus.
- Identify, import and curate coding and non-coding genome annotation databases
- Perform genome assembly and annotation
- Leverage genome annotation databases and comparative genomics to gain functional understanding of new genome assemblies
- Develop robust data organization models for mixed data types
- Analyze mixed types of genomic data to gain useful insights about assemblies and annotation
- A PhD in computational biology, bioinformatics or related fields
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Extensive experience with genomic sequence analysis
- Experienced Python programmer
- Experience with database curation
- Experience with data organization and structuring complex data types
- Experience with AWS/cloud computing infrastructure a plus
- Experience developing software packages, tools and data pipelines a plus
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package and stock options to all team members. Join us and work with a great team of people developing the world’s first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This role can work out of either our Boulder, CO or Pleasanton, CA location, but Pleasanton workers will travel regularly to Boulder, CO.