Conagen Inc. is a leader in cutting-edge bio-manufacturing. We engineer organisms to produce high-value molecules that are essential to our well-being. Our focus is on food, nutrition, pharmaceuticals, and renewable materials. We employ the latest synthetic biology tools to design metabolic pathways and produce safe and high-quality products. Science and innovation are the driving forces of our mission. We believe in a green future.
Location: Bedford, MA
Job Type: Full-time
Compensation: Commensurate with skills and experience
Job Description Overview:
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Staff/Senior Scientist of Analytical Sciences who is highly motivated individual with a proven track record of scientific, leadership, and collaborative excellence. S/he will provide scientific, technical and strategic support project and product managers as part of core analytical services.
- Ensure the quality, reliability and timely reporting of bioanalytical data to support strain and process development.
- Provide scientific insights and development of assays and implementation for the production of new small molecule and protein products produced by bioconversions and fermentations.
- Work closely with the Automation team to develop and implement high throughput analytical methods for synthetic biology, metabolic engineering and strain development.
- Coordinate resource scheduling by internal customers, standard operating protocols for sample preparation and scheduling of standard maintenance activities.
- A Masters or Ph.D in analytical chemistry, or related field, or at least four years of experience in biotechnology (academic or industrial), preferably in the area of metabolic engineering, synthetic biology, fermentation or bioconversions.
- Expertise in the bioanalytical application of gas chromatography, liquid chromatography, and mass spectrometry, with experience in targeted proteomics and/or metabolomics a plus.
- Experience in the application of high throughput and automated approaches for bioanalytical support also a plus.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) and interpersonal skills are expected.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status.
How to apply:
Commensurate with experience.
This position is not eligible for any type of visa sponsorship.
Cover letters and resumes will be accepted ONLY via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via Indeed.com.
Please do not contact the Company by phone until notified.