Opentrons’ Account Managers serve as the primary point of contact for our customers. From the point of purchase to the point at which they are successfully automating their desired scientific workflow the Account Manager will work closely with our users to ensure they are successful. Our users are working at the cutting edge of scientific research – they need to have confidence that our tools work, and they need to get up-and-running quickly.
Through every day communication with our users, you will establish a strong foundation for understanding and solving their unique problems, and work to understand and convey them to our teams internally (software, hardware, protocol development, fulfillment). You will work cross-functionally to get to the root of these issues while also doing what is needed day-to-day to support our customers to activation. You will sell Opentrons products to users where applicable so they have the best experience possible.
- Serve as post-sale point of contact for each customer, providing relevant resources/answers to Opentrons users in a timely manner.
- Foster strong, working relationships with customers and Opentrons teams through consistent, proactive, and reliable communication.
- Be a strong advocate for the user experience, capturing issues you find and communicating them to internal stakeholders to find solutions.
- Coordinate account management, protocol development, and support efforts to activate customers and ensure a positive customer experience.
- Complete protocol development consultations and onboarding calls with users.
- Sell Opentrons full product portfolio (consumables, lab ware, additional robots, etc.) to customers where appropriate.
- Use Salesforce to keep detailed records of customers’ journeys, collect, & analyze customer activation data through consistent communication (emails, surveys, phone calls, video chats) with customers.
- Prepare and present activation data to company on a monthly basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in a life-science discipline (or equivalent experience).
- Experience selling to current customers while maintaining strong relationships.
- 2+ years experience in a customer-facing role at a life-sciences company.
- Experience working in tech.
- Hands-on familiarity with the most common techniques in molecular biology, as well as other life-science disciplines.
- Experience with Salesforce and Hubspot a plus!