We are looking for an outstanding Account Executive to drive sales of Inscripta’s Digital Genome Engineering platform in Europe, with a primary focus on the UK, Belgium and the Netherlands.
This individual will identify, nurture and develop high value opportunities to closure. They will actively engage in deep market development, technical selling, account planning and rapidly develop a sustainable, growing funnel of qualified opportunities. The Account Executive will work in partnership with local Field Application Specialists (FAS) and the Customer Success Team to provide support for customer applications as well as develop and nurture relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s). They will relay voice of customer feedback, including new applications, to Field Support, Applications Development and Marketing/Product Management to optimize the customer experience using our technology.
- Act as a sales driver for the Inscripta Onyx™ Digital Genome Editing platform and proprietary consumables by identifying, developing and closing high-value sales opportunities to meet/exceed assigned revenue targets.
- Develop and implement effective pre-sales educational campaigns and other key growth activities to support assigned revenue goals and expansion of both brand and product awareness in the marketplace, leading to a measurable and sustainable funnel of opportunities.
- Persuasively deliver customer-facing seminars covering a variety of scientific research topics, products, applications, and data related to Inscripta’s technology.
- Work as a seamless team with Field Application Scientist(s) to develop action plans for specific customers and ensure the highest level of professional client communication to drive sales.
- Identify and nurture KOL’s in multiple application areas and develop relationships to catalyze the sales and marketing efforts.
- Act as an internal customer advocate by delivering VOC to the Marketing, Product Management, Applications and other departments related to product feedback, competitive intelligence, market trends, effectiveness of marketing/positioning, and tactics in the field.
- Work with Director of Marketing to convert/customize marketing plan into tactical action and deliverables, while supporting and exploring new ways of customer interaction.
- Professionally and proactively communicate with external and internal customers.
- Develop deep knowledge of accounts, funding, competition in territory leading to recurring accurate forecasting of sales.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- At least 10+ years of commercial (sales/marketing) experience in one or more of the following areas: CRISPR-based genome editing, functional genomics, synthetic biology, metabolic engineering, high-throughput screening or NGS
- Experience in the sale of sophisticated, high-throughput instrument platforms and allied proprietary consumables.
- Proven success in selling complex solutions to diverse, consortia-based clientele.
- Proven successful history of driving new, innovative technology into an established workflow via conversion plans that may include tactics such as cost comparison(s), accuracy of data, time to actionable data, etc.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills to effectively deliver technical presentations, handle customer issues and work collaboratively to support the efforts of sales and support effort.
- Master’s degree with 10+ years’ experience and exceptional qualifications in a relevant field and relevant lab experience. Ph.D. degree a plus
- Ability to learn quickly and work in a highly innovative, fast-paced startup environment, collaborating closely with other cross-functional and geographically-distributed teams.
- Average 40-50% travel in assigned sales territory
- Excellent computer software skills with demonstrable expertise in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and SalesForce.Com
- Proficiency with verbal and written communication in English a must
- Working language proficiency in Dutch, German, French, Spanish, Italian, or any of the Nordic country languages is not required but would be a plus
- Excellent organizational, analytical, strategic, and interpersonal skills.
- Capability and will to perform and excel in a fast-moving start-up environment
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package and stock options to all team members. Join us and work with a great team of people developing the world’s first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. At Inscripta we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our innovation, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace because the more inclusive we are as a company, the better our work will be. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This position is remote and can be based in any major city in the UK or the Netherlands within proximity of a major airport.
**Please note: this position is located in Europe, and our online application system was designed in the U.S. Should your address not fit the U.S. parameters, these fields are not required. We ask instead that you attach your resume with your current city and country. Thank you.**