Join SynBioBeta’s John Cumbers for a special Green New Deal Town Hall, a webinar live from Washington D.C. on Tuesday February 5 at 9am Pacific / noon Eastern to share your ideas for how synthetic biology can contribute to a program for economic and social change at the scale needed to stop the climate crisis. John will be joined by Will Canine (Opentrons) and other leaders in bio, tech, investment, and policy to hear your ideas for how we can shape and give input to the Green New Deal.
Specific topics will include:
- How can we reimagine, design, and make green our economy?
- What are the infrastructure needs in a future that belongs to biology?
- How can biomanufacturing use carbon waste as inputs to circularize our economy?
- What are the investment and job creation opportunities of Green New Deal?
- What does government buy-in and scale mean for potential opportunities and impact?
- What’s the synbio strategy for the Green New Deal?
- Who are our champions, and how can we amplify their messages with the right people?
This Town Hall Webinar is part of a larger SynBioBeta series on the Green New Deal, which will examine the topic from several perspectives and culminate as a featured part of SynBioBeta 2019: The Global Synthetic Biology Summit, October 1-3 in San Francisco. Let us know if you’re interested in exploring how we can help our industry play a leading role in Green New Deal.0