Sales Development Representative: Synthego
Date Posted / Modified: February 16, 2017Learn More / Apply For Position
Synthego is looking for a sales development representative who wants to add creativity and strategy to the inside sales process. The Synthego Commercial Marketing team is seeking a customer savvy inside rep to triage and manage in-bound leads, move leads to MQL and SQL stage, develop new customer contacts, and assist customers throughout the pre-sales and online ordering process., , –
This person ideally should have a scientific background in order to establish credibility with target customers, but also have a focus on enabling sales. We’re looking for a detail oriented, smart and energetic person who is comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
If you have a biology background, and enjoy the excitement of working with fast paced commercial team, we’re looking for you.
This is an individual contributor role based in Redwood City, CA.
- Lead Triage and Management: proper routing and categorization of all inbound leads; lead cleanup to ensure data accuracy; research leads to gather further insights; nurture raw leads into MQLs
- MQL and SQL Management: determine qualification cycle, identify opportunities into “Tier 1 (large accounts)” or “Tier 2 (small accounts)” sales opportunities based on account significance and revenue potential; route Tier 1 MQLs and SQLs to Direct reps; drive Tier 2 MQLs and SQLs to online orders or channels
- New lead development: assist in identifying new target customer accounts; obtain new contacts; develop initial relationships with new contacts
- Pre-sales and online customer ordering assistance: respond to pre-sales customer inquiries; assist customers throughout the online ordering process
- This position requires a significant amounts of time in contact with leads and customers via phone and email communications
- 2 to 5 years of relevant inside sales experience in a biology products domain
- Must be comfortable with sales targets and lead quotas
- Prior experience as a field sales engineering or technical sales support is a bonus
- Impeccable communication skills; persistence with professionalism
- A proper understanding of the scientific/research customer and the ability to quickly gain credibility at the relationship level
- Comfortable and diligent with CRM systems (Hubspot preferred)
- Self-driven and analytical with a strong attention to detail and superb time management skills
- Preferably experience selling to biotech, pharma, or research customers
Company Perks & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Generous equity at an early stage company
- Tax-exempt medical insurance reimbursement
- Fully stocked kitchen and snacks
- Free catered lunches and dinners
Synthego is turning molecular biology into an information science. We’re building hardware facilities that abstract biological syntheses and research into software.
Our vision is to bring automation to genome engineering, enabling scientists to run their own fully-automated laboratory at low cost, performing millions of controlled, repeatable experiments per day without human error.
Founded by former SpaceX engineers, Synthego is a leading provider of genome engineering solutions. The company’s flagship product, CRISPRevolution, is a portfolio of synthetic RNA designed for CRISPR genome editing and research.
We are venture backed by Founders Fund, Menlo Ventures, 8VC, and WI Harper.
Rev 20170126Learn More / Apply For Position