Join us for a conversation on sector-specific progress ranging from research-enabling tools to low-cost DNA synthesis, scale-up of industrial biotech platforms to the growing importance of the organism industry.
Who Should Attend?
- Startups: Meet the investors ready to fund your team.
- Industry: Network with industry leaders and potential partners.
- Investors: Meet the new startups on the scene.
- Partners & Tech Scouts: Learn about the latest technology in the field.
- Academics, Students & Biohackers: Follow the path to commercializing your IP.
Thursday, November 13th – Welcome
Autodesk Gallery, 1 Market St #200, San Francisco
Friday, November 14th – Conference
Mission Bay Conference Center, 1675 Owens St, San Francisco
• Moderator: Zach Serber, Zymergen
• Rob Carlson, Biodesic
• Jamie Bacher, Pareto Biotechnologies
• Stephen del Cardayre, REG Life Sciences
• Reshma Shetty, Gingko Bioworks
• Jason Kakoyiannis, Bioscentric
• Steve Somers, Vigon International
• Justin Bingham, SGI-DNA
• Adam Clore, Integrated DNA Technologies
• Claes Gustafsson, DNA2.0
• Austen Heinz, Cambrian Genomics
• Jeffrey Hung, Genscript
• Devin Leake, Gen9
• Moderator: Doug Densmore, Lattice Automation
• Omri Amirav-Drory, Genome Compiler
• Christian Olsen, Biomatters
• Sajith Wickramasekara, Benchling
• Mike Fero, TeselaGen
• Max Hodak, Transcriptic
• Moderator: Mark Bunger, Lux Capital
• Elizabeth Clarke, Industrial Microbes
• Eli Groban, Intrexon
• Kef Kasdin, Proterro
• Michael Koepke, Lanzatech
• Brandon Chen, Genomatica
• Tim Fell, Synthace
• Ian Fotheringham, Ingenza
• Rachel Haurwitz, Caribou Biosciences
• Moderator: Megan Palmer, Synberc
• Tim Dafforn, Linear Diagnostics
• Jeffrey Dietrich, Lygos
• Edward Green, Green Biologics
• Keira Havens, Revolution Bioengineering
• Alfred Ho, Morph Bioinformatics
• Elizabeth Iorns, Science Exchange
• Mike Koeris, Sample6
• Jonny Ohlson, Touchlight Genetics
• Annelise Soulier, Prokarium
• Dan Widmaier, Refactored Materials
• Michael Yates, Algenuity
• Moderator: Una Ryan, Bay Area Bioeconomy Initiative
• Spencer Adler, SynBio Investors
• Blake Byers, Google Ventures
• Itschak Friedman, LionBird VC
• Scott Nolan, Founder's Fund
• Matt Ocko, Data Collective
Saturday, November 15th – Networking Brunch Cruise
California Spirit at Pier 40 on The Embarcadero, San Francisco
Before August 15th
Before October 3rd
After October 3rd
Conference registration includes the Welcome Reception (with a cash bar) on Thursday, November 13th and all the sessions, breakfast, lunch and breaks, the Friday Networking Reception (with a cash bar) and, a conference guide.
If you can’t attend the conference, then you are welcome to substitute your ticket with somebody else. Please just let us know by e-mailing Lisa Comeau. If you have to cancel more than 30 days before the conference then you’ll receive a refund minus a $50 administrative fee. Sorry, but we can’t accept cancellations within 30 days of the conference. We also reserve the right to make changes to the program, schedule and speakers.
The conference will be held at Mission Bay Conference Center located at 1675 Owens Street, San Francisco, CA 94143-3008. The Mission Bay Conference Center is easily accessible to public transportation and freeway connections. Click here for driving directions and public transportation routes.
Mission Bay Conference Center is located within the William J. Rutter Center at UCSF. A public parking garage is located adjacent to the building. Parking fees should be paid at the payment window of the garage before exiting. Rates are as follows: $3.50/hour up to 8 hours or $28.00 for the whole day. For all parking locations, please download the campus map.