Join us for a conversation on sector-specific progress ranging from research-enabling tools to low-cost DNA synthesis, scale-up of industrial biotech platforms to the growing importance of the organism industry.
Who Should Attend?
- Startups: Meet the investors ready to fund your team.
- Industry: Network with industry leaders and potential partners.
- Investors: Meet the new startups on the scene.
- Partners & Tech Scouts: Learn about the latest technology in the field.
- Academics, Students & Biohackers: Follow the path to commercializing your IP.
Thursday, November 13th – Welcome
Autodesk Gallery, 1 Market St #200, San Francisco
Friday, November 14th – Conference
Mission Bay Conference Center, 1675 Owens St, San Francisco
• Moderator: Zach Serber, Zymergen
• Rob Carlson, Biodesic
• Jason Kakoyiannis, Bioscentric
• Steve Somers, Vigon International
• Jamie Bacher, Pareto Biotechnologies
• Stephen del Cardayre, REG Life Sciences
• Reshma Shetty, Gingko Bioworks
• Moderator: Laurakay Bruhn, Agilent Technologies
• Justin Bingham, SGI-DNA
• Adam Clore, Integrated DNA Technologies
• Austen Heinz, Cambrian Genomics
• Jeffrey Hung, Genscript
• Devin Leake, Gen9
• Roger Chen, O'Reilly AlphaTech Ventures
• Omri Amirav-Drory, Genome Compiler
• Doug Densmore, Lattice Automation
• Mike Fero, TeselaGen
• Claes Gustafsson, DNA2.0
• Max Hodak, Transcriptic
• Taylor Milsal, Autodesk
• Christian Olsen, Biomatters
• Sajith Wickramasekara, Benchling
• Moderator: Mark Bunger, Lux Research
• Elizabeth Clarke, Industrial Microbes
• Eli Groban, Intrexon
• Kef Kasdin, Proterro
• Michael Koepke, Lanzatech
• Moderator: Richard Kitney, Imperial College London
• Brandon Chen, Genomatica
• Rachel Haurwitz, Caribou Biosciences
• David McElroy, Ingenza
• Sean Ward, Synthace
• Moderator: Megan Palmer, Stanford University
• Tim Dafforn, Linear Diagnostics
• Jeffrey Dietrich, Lygos
• Keira Havens, Revolution Bioengineering
• Alfred Ho, Morph Bioinformatics
• Elizabeth Iorns, Science Exchange
• Mike Koeris, Sample6
• Jonny Ohlson, Touchlight Genetics
• Marian Rehak, Sphere Fluidics
• Annelise Soulier, Prokarium
• Dan Widmaier, Refactored Materials
• Michael Yates, Algenuity
• Moderator: Una Ryan, Bay Area Bioeconomy Initiative
• Spencer Adler, SynBio Investors
• Itschak Friedman, LionBird VC
• Scott Nolan, Founder's Fund
• Matt Ocko, Data Collective
Cambrian Genomics & SynBioBeta After Party
Alchemist Bar & Lounge • 679 3rd Street (Between Brannan & Townsend)
Saturday, November 15th – Networking Brunch Cruise
California Spirit at Pier 40 on The Embarcadero, San Francisco
Also happening on the cruise will be Ladies in Labs: a conversation of women in synthetic biology, brought to you by the Bay Area BioEconomy Initiative (BAB) and BioCurious.
Conference registration includes the Welcome Reception on Thursday, November 13th and all the sessions, breakfast, lunch and breaks, the Friday Networking Reception (with a cash bar) and, a conference guide.
If you can’t attend the conference, then you are welcome to substitute your ticket with somebody else. Please just let us know by e-mailing Lisa Comeau. If you have to cancel more than 30 days before the conference then you’ll receive a refund minus a $50 administrative fee. Sorry, but we can’t accept cancellations within 30 days of the conference. We also reserve the right to make changes to the program, schedule and speakers.
The conference will be held at Mission Bay Conference Center located at 1675 Owens Street, San Francisco, CA 94143-3008. The Mission Bay Conference Center is easily accessible to public transportation and freeway connections. Click here for driving directions and public transportation routes.
The host hotel for SynBioBeta SF 2014 is Marines’ Memorial Club & Hotel. For reservations, call 800-562-7463 or 1-415-673-6672 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to ask for SynBioBeta 2014 group rate.
Mission Bay Conference Center is located within the William J. Rutter Center at UCSF. A public parking garage is located adjacent to the building. Parking fees should be paid at the payment window of the garage before exiting. Rates are as follows: $3.50/hour up to 8 hours or $28.00 for the whole day. For all parking locations, please download the campus map.